Qualifications for Assistance
- RAll family members 18 years of age or older must pass a criminal background check;
- RFamily must fall within income limits set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ( which are updated annually);
- RMust not owe money to any housing authority;
- RMust have at least one eligible U.S. Citizen as a member of the household;
- R Other housing authority policies may apply
- qTHE SECTION 8 WAITLIST IS CURRENTLY CLOESED. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
- =If you are currently on the waitlist and would like to check on your status, you must come into the office during regular business hours.
- =While you are on the waitlist, you must notify the housing authority in writing of any changes in your address in our office.
- =If you do not update this information, you may lose your place on the waitlist.
Landlords/Apartment Managers We Need You!
The Port Arthur Housing Authority is looking for Property Owners/Managers that have affordable, safe, and sanitary vacant rental property in Jefferson, Orange, and Hardin Counties. The rental property must pass a minimal Housing Quality Standard Inspection. Housing Choice Voucher property Owners/Managers benefits include:
- RSteady – guaranteed rent payments
- RReduced turnover
- RLow vacancy rates
- RFree HQS Inspections
- RMore responsible tenants
- RMaximum rents paid – depending on rent reasonableness